Interested researchers are invited to submit their proposals, which must:
- Come from teaching academics in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions; and
- Have a one-page executive summary of the research proposal to include relevance of the research to the telecommunications industry.
The criteria for the evaluation of the research submissions include the following:
- Adherence of proposal to stated requirements above.
- Clear statement and explanation of the problem.
- Proposed solution to the problem.
- Novelty of the research proposal (comprehensive literature review to bring out clearly the novelty of the research).
- Proposed approach and methodology.
- Proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc)
- Clear relevance to the telecommunications industry.
- Evidence of local realization up to prototype
- Cost reasonableness (cost of actualizing the idea excluding furniture and allowances)
- Schedule of project organization.
- Coherent presentation/packaging of concept.
- Integration of research with education (capacity building of students via the implementation of the project in the institution.
- Evidence of competence of team in executing the project (include past work and CVs of team members
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Submissions will undergo preliminary assessment. The proposals that are adjudged and capable of developing the telecommunications industry will be further evaluated by another level of assessors. Sponsors/authors of research submissions may be invited for defense of their proposals before a decision is taken on whether the commission will fund their project(s) or not.
Interested researchers are invited to submit both hard and soft copies of their research proposals on or before 30th April, 2016 addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman/CEO
ATTN: The Head - New Media and Information Security,
Nigerian Communications Commission,
Plot 423 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja,