The Port Harcourt Zonal Office of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) held its maiden edition of the Consumer- Conversation Forum at the Hall of Celebration Asaba, Delta State on Thursday, April 27, 2017 drawing a mix of stakeholders: market groups, students, representatives of telecoms operators, community leaders, government and non-governmental organisations.
Key discussion areas as documented in the year of consumer doctrine were:
- Activation of Do-Not-Disturb short code – 2442, to prevent unsolicited SMS messages and calls;
- Utilization of NCC Toll Free Line – 622 to report complaints regarding unresolved issues with Network Service Providers.
- Efforts aimed at enhancing Telecoms Quality of Service.
- Non-harmful effect of Electromagnetic Field (EMF) radiation on consumers health from Base Transceiver Stations.
- Effects of Non-Type Approved Telecoms Devices on QoS and Health.
- NCC Conflict Resolution Processes.
- Mobile Number Portability Processes.