The following describes the procedure and requirements toward applying for a license in both the Class and Individual categories from the Nigerian Communications Commission.
- An Individual Licence is a type of authorization in which the terms, conditions and obligations, scope and limitations are specific to the service being provided. Process of licensing can take the form of Auction, "First Come First Served", "Beauty Contest" or a standard administrative procedure, etc.
- A Class Licence is a type of general authorization in which the terms and conditions/obligations are common to all license holders. Requires only registration with the Commission for applicants to commence operation.
Individual License Application Requirements
Application form for ₦1,000.00 payable to Nigerian Communications Commission
- Fill the form and produce two copies of the form (2 copies).
- Also attach copies of relevant documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Certified true copy of Articles & Memorandum of Association.
- Certified true copy of form CO7
- Feasibility report of proposed service applied for (where applicable).
- 3 Passport photographs of authorized representative.
- Passport photographs of Directors of the company
- Applications should be submitted in triplicates with all necessary documents attached, all spiral bound.
- Enquiries should be made to the Commission for the appropriate amount before payment.
- On submission of the form, a non-refundable administrative charge; which is 5% of the relevant license fee would be paid ₦...........
- License fee is payable on approval of application ₦............
- All Automated Vehicle Tracking Service (AVTS) applicant must obtain a security clearance from the State Security Service (SSS). The Personal History Statement Forms (PHS) for the company and its Directors will be provided by the Commission for completion by applicant.
- All VAS (Content Service using Short Code ) applicant (s) must present :
- Evidence of an Agreement or a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) entered between the company and the Mobile Network Operator(s)
- Alternatively, the company should provide a copy of License duly issued to it by the CBN for Mobile Money Services.