by Osato Akele (Public Affairs Department)
As we all know, the NCC has a well-equipped gym that is open to all members of staff. The following is an interview with the Commission’s Gym Instructor (Micheal Ezekweseili).
Question: Are you a certified trainer?
Osato Akele of the Online team with Michael
Answer: Yes I am, I was certified in Nigeria and Kenya as a gym instructor.
- Question: So what time do you work with here in the Commission?
Answer: We operate from 6:30am-8:00am for morning session every day and also from 5:00pm-8:00pm for the evening session.
- Question: What kind of activities do you have in the gym?
Answer: We have aerobic classes which are on Saturday’s from 9:00am-10:00am and from 8:00am-8:00pm the gym operates.
- Question: How much time do I need to set aside each week to exercise in order to be healthy?
Answer: You need to set aside 3 times in a week, 1 hour per session for you to be physically fit.
Question: What is the best way to lose fat?
Truddy Awusaku of PAD burning fat on the treadmill
Answer: The tread mill helps a lot to burn calories and aerobics helps to burn fat, lifting light weights also helps in tightening up those lose fat muscles.
- Question: So how can you help me reach my goal?
Answer: To assist you in reaching your set goal, you’ll have to come to the gym regularly and set aside the time to design your diet programme.
- Question: As a gym instructor, what kind of foods should I abstain from?
Answer: You have to abstain from starchy foods, also eat chicken without the skin and avoid eating late night meals.
Question: Do you think timing affects the patronage of the gym?
Answer: Yes it does, in fact management has given us this set time to work with, but I think there should be an hour to work out in between the lunch hours.
Mohammed of USPF being helped out by a gym worker to add some muscles to his frame
Why Do You Need To Exercise?
Steve Iyagi of the Projects Department was found working out in the gym and was asked a few questions about his experience Steve Iyagi from Projects Department.
- Question: How has your experience at the gym been?
Answer: My experience at the gym has been very rewarding.
- Question: So how many times do you work?
Answer: I work out four times in a week
- Question: Are you achieving your set target?
Answer: Yes I am health wise, but we need more tread mills.
Research has established that regular exercise is good for you because;
- It makes your skin glow
- It helps reduce the risk of the silent killer disease like diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol which causes stroke.
- It increases your energy level
- It relaxes the body
- It replaces fat with learner muscle tissue
- It lets you sleep soundly and wake-up fresher
- It releases day-today tension
- It increases Maximal Oxygen uptake
- It makes you stronger
- It reduces stress
- It helps you lose weight
- It tones your body
- It improves appetite
- It improves your health
- It helps to control your age
- It helps to improve your sexual life and solve the problem of erectile dysfunction in men.
You can achieve all this by exercising regularly at the Commission’s gym using the most modern equipment and under the supervision and care of some of the best instructors in Abuja.