Category: Fun Arena
- The telecommunication services market, which includes fixed-network services and mobile services, had a value of around 1.5 trillion U.S. dollars in 2015, and is forecast to grow to almost 1.7 trillion U.S. dollars in size by 2019. The biggest markets for telecom services are the Asia/Pacific region, Europe and North America
- Despite the declining fixed voice services market, fixed telecom spending is forecast to grow moderately in the next few years due to the rising demand in broadband access. While the number of fixed telephone subscriptions has decreased since 2006, the number of fixed broadband subscriptions has increased over the years.
- The telecommunication services industry is dominated by multinational telecommunications companies that generate billions of U.S dollars in revenues each year. Two American companies, the Dallas-based AT&T and New York-based Verizon, are global industry leaders, with brand values of nearly 90 billion U.S. dollars each. China Mobile, Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom are also amongst the leading telecom brands worldwide.
- Worldwide, there are over 1.65 billion monthly active Facebook users (MAUs) which is a 15 percent increase year over year.
- 1.09 billion People log onto Facebook daily for March 2016, which represents a 16% increase year over year. The Implication: A huge and vastly growing number of Facebook users are active and consistent in their visits to the site, making them a promising audience for your marketing efforts.
- At 1.49 billion, Facebook has more monthly active users than WhatsApp, Twitter and Instagram combined. Facebook continues to reign in popularity over other social media channels.
- Mobile and wireless technologies have become more prevalent in the past 15 years. The market is expected to continue to gain space in the telecommunication services industry, as the number of mobile connections worldwide is predicted to reach nine billion by 2020, about twice the amount of 2009. Wireless data is also a key market for telecommunication companies. The total spending on wireless data telecommunication worldwide is forecasted to reach nearly 550 billion U.S. dollars by 2019.
- Apple iOS 10, is the biggest release ever of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, featuring a huge update to Messages that delivers more expressive and animated ways to message friends and family, like stickers and full-screen effects. iOS 10 introduces the ability for Siri to do more by working with apps, beautifully redesigned Maps, Photos, Apple Music and News apps, and the Home app, delivering a simple and secure way to manage home automation products in one place.
- Excluding the United States, the number of monthly active international Twitter users amounted to 245 million as of the most recent quarter. In total, Twitter had 310 million global monthly active users.
- The fastest-growing telecommunications services market is the Asia-Pacific region, with an estimated value of 373 billion Euros in 2015.