NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
The Commission Secretariat (CS) manages and coordinates the activities of the Board, Industry Corporate Governance, as well as Contracts and Agreements. Specifically, the Secretariat is saddled with the following responsibilities;
- Maintains the corporate records and Seal of the Commission
- Coordinating Secretarial Responsibilities of the Commission
- Organizing Board and Board Committee meetings as well as Management Meetings.
- Communicates Board decisions and resolutions to the affected Departments in the Commission
- Follows up the implementation of Board decisions and resolution for the Board.
- Prepares and evaluates all Agreements between the Commission, its Contractors and Consultants.
- Executes Agreements in conjunction with the EVC or any other designated signatories in the Commission.
- Oversees logistics and welfare of Board Members
- Preventing Conflict of Interest in Telcos
- Having Telco’s formulate policies and develop guidelines that ensure transparency and eschew perceived conflicts in their dealings.
- Bringing to the attention of the Board of company’s corporate governance responsibilities
- Making sure each board of companies have a Board charter detailing the role, size and composition of the board, among other things
- Making sure Boards of Telcos have an ongoing process for identifying, evaluating and managing the significant risks they face.
Commission Secretariat is divided into three (3) units:
- Board Affairs /Management Meetings Secretariat Unit
- Legal Advisory & Service Agreements Unit.
- Corporate Governance Unit
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Mr. Felix Adeoye
Tel: 09-4617405, 09-4617000
GRIEVANCE REDRESS MECHANISM AND LOCATION/ADDRESS OF CONTACT PERSON
Stakeholders are enjoined to seek redress by calling or preferably writing to the Officer whose details are listed below;
Room 704 (7th Floor),
Nigerian Communications Commission Headquarters,
Plot 423 Aguiy Ironsi Way,
To achieve efficient coordination of the Commission’s Board affairs, draftsmanship, and to ensure effective Corporate Governance regime in the Telecoms Industry.
A proactive, knowledge based and devoted team dedicated to the support of the overall objective of the Commission