The Nigerian Communications Commission has determined to introduce Mobile Virtual Network Operator’s services within the telecommunications market of the country. In pursuit of this, the Commission wishes to obtain comments from industry stakeholders and the general public on key considerations, which will be used to formulate a sustainable and efficient MVNO licensing framework, as well as a highly conducive regulatory regime that facilitates growth and development in the telecoms space, through competitive and differentiated services offered by these virtual operators.
The Draft consultation paper is found at the link below;
pdf Draft Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) Licence Framework (521 KB)
This consultation paper is in line with processes stipulated in the consultation guidelines put forward by the Commission in 2007. All comments received shall be considered before making a final decision, although the commission may decline to use or consider anonymous responses. Comments and responses submitted are deemed independent from its respondent’s relationship with the Commission.
The Consultation period for this determination has been decided as 21 days after the date of upload to the public space. Upon closure of this period, the Commission will engage in deliberation sessions in an expedited manner to finalize its decisions about MVNO introduction in the market. A consultation report will then be generated and published to the public for consumption and awareness of the Commissions decisions.
Below is the format on which the respondent shall structure their comments:
- Name of respondent.
- Respondent’s details and information (Either representative of an organization or company, operator or service provider or personal).
- A statement that the response should or should not be published by the Commission for purposes of consultation.
- Signature (provided that in the case of electronic submissions, an electronic signature should be used).
- Position or rank of the signatory (for organisations).
- The response should represent the view of the organization represented or individual.