Sections 4, 90 and 92 of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 (NCA 2003) entrusts the Commission with the protection and promotion of the interests of consumers against unfair practices including but not limited to; matters relating to tariffs and charges, the availability and quality of communications services, equipment and facilities, and the promotion of fair competition in the communications industry and protection of communications services and facilities providers from the misuse of market power or anticompetitive and unfair practices by other service or facilities providers. The Commission is empowered with the exclusive competence to determine, pronounce upon, administer, monitor and enforce compliance with competition laws and regulations, whether of a general or specific nature, as it relates to the Nigerian communications market.
The following are Determinations issued by the Commission pursuant to the Nigerian Communications Act 2003.
- Paper on Dominance - Zoom | Size: 103.04 KB
- Paper on Dominance - Zain | Size: 975.18 KB
- Paper on Dominance - Smile | Size: 290.51 KB
- Paper on Dominance - MTN Reply | Size: 4.23 MB
- Paper on Dominance - MTN | Size: 8.53 MB
- Paper on Dominance - LM Ericsson (Nigeria) Limited | Size: 47.83 KB
- Paper on Dominance - Globacom | Size: 114.19 KB
- Landmark Decisions and Judgments involving the Commission | Size: 13.77 KB
- Determination Of Voice Interconnection Rates 2013 | Size: 135.96 KB
- Determination Of Voice & SMS Interconnection Rates 2009 | Size: 197.95 KB
- Determination of Interconnection Rate (2006) | Size: 177.8 KB
- Determination of Dominance in Selected Markets in Nigeria | Size: 209.58 KB
- Determination of Dominance in Selected Communications Markets in Nigeria | Size: 394.49 KB
- Consultation Paper on Dominance in Selected Communications Markets | Size: 204.88 KB